Sunday, February 15, 2009

My Birthday Trip!

Hey everyone! It's been a while, as usual, but I just wanted to give everyone an update about my birthday and how it went at WDW this year.


On 2/12, my boyfriend and I got to The Studios around 11:30am. Since I already have an annual pass, I had my birthday certificate printed out and my ID ready to go in order to get my $75 fun card. My first mistake was that I entered the park and went to guest services. I had read in a couple of forums that you can get your "birthday gifts" from them. This is incorrect. You must go to the will call window at the ticket counters before entering the park of your choice. Here they will let you know about all of your options. They gave me the fun card, a birthday button and a paper copy of the rules and regulations regarding the fun card. If any of you would like a copy of this or a picture or two, let me know and I will send it to you. I was also under the impression that I had to use the $75 before the end of my day in the park. This is also not true. It used to be this way, but they have since changed this to have no expiration. The lady behind the will call window told me that there is no relevance to them as a corporation to limit the use of this money to that strict of a guideline. You may use the gift card on any Disney merchandise in a store that is owned and operated by Disney. You may not use it on food, most of the stores and restaurants in the World Showcase at EPCOT or at most of the stores at Downtown Disney.

We then had to re-enter the park. The first thing we noticed was a huge blue carpet lining the main walkway of the park(Hollywood Blvd). I knew that they were having a special opening celebration for The American Idol Experience, but I didn't know how enormous it was! I later found out that Paula Abdul would be there, as well as many of the past contestants on the show and all of the winners from every season. All on my birthday! My wonderful boyfriend bought us tickets to see Hairspray in Tampa later that night, So we really didn't have an option to stay late because we needed to leave Orlando around 3. What a sweetie. :)

Once we made our way down Hollywood Blvd, we turned down Sunset Blvd towards Tower of Terror and Rockin' Rollercoaster. We got a fast pass for ToT and went to have a small lunch at The 50's Prime Time Diner. We had some sodas, the crab cake and an order of fries. Unfortunately, this was probably not the best item I've had at this restaurant and I really enjoy this place. They had small white tents set up all around Echo Lake for radio stations from all around the country and even Ireland! The amount of media there was insane! The area in front of the actual attraction was completely blocked off. After lunch, we went to see The Indiana Stunt Show. I hadn't seen this in about 5 years, so it was really nice to see it again. My sweetie really enjoyed it. I had forgotten how cool the movable temple scene is!

After the show, I showed him the rope that you really shouldn't pull. He got a kick out of it. We then went to use our Fastpass for ToT. He thought it was freaky and thought it was cool how they had Rod Serling in the preshow video. After the ride, a couple of cast members stopped us when they noticed I was wearing a birthday button. They asked where we were headed and I told them we were just roaming around. The man asked if there was anything I really wanted to do. I told him I'd like to do Toy Story Mania. He then said "Okay" and asked if there was anything else I wanted to do. I told him I'd like to see The American Idol Experience, but blurted out that I had to leave to go to Tampa to see Hairspray. I'm really not sure what he would've given me, because he seemed to really want to give me some kind of admission to the show. He said he could fulfill giving us fastpasses for Toy Story Mania and wished me a happy birthday. I still think that was pretty nice!

We then headed over to use our fastpasses. My boyfriend really liked the ride, especially because he beat me! :) We then went to look at some of the One Man's Dream attraction. After that, we looked in the shops for a bit and then left for the day.

Though it was a short day, it was fun, as always! I didn't find anything that I absolutely needed, so I still have my $75 fun card. If you have the option to get one, it's definitely worth it! I hope everyone has a wonderful birthday at Disney if they are able to get there!

Photobucket

No comments: